Monday 11 April 2016

Your Mind - A God Given Instrument


Today marks the beginning of our 15 days of Excellence. This is a global program for my church - Believers Love World Nation aka Christ Embassy, using the recently published book of our Man of God Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, "The Power of Your Mind"









I am truly excited about this program because in my journey as a christian i realized change came when i decided to renew my mind. My mind was the main important factor in this journey. I have always lived a good life but then i realized Gods greatest desire for me is that i live a victorious life continually enjoying the blessings He entrusted to us through His son Jesus Christ.

Many of us do not really grasp the fact that God sent His son Jesus Christ to die for our sins so that we can be free from sin. We live a life conscious of our sin rather than be conscious of Christ.

I realized that one reason i really struggled to live this glorious life was my inability to take over what God had already made available to me. I did not even know that God had made available great things for me. Whenever i had to communicate with God i will spend time asking him to grant me all the things i wanted rather than receive and explore all he has already given me.

As merciful and graceful as God is, He gave me a great instrument to help me take advantage of what he already has made available to me, to come into full possession of all the blessings he has in store for me. This instrument is MY MIND.



God has given us so many gifts - our mouths, which we should use to chart the course of our lives, confess ourselves into salvation to a place where we will enjoy the full benefits.



Paul tells us in Romans 12:2  AMP And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be [a]transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].



God gave us our minds for our transformation. Let us put our minds to use. 

Imagine if this scripture ended at "And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be [a]transformed and progressively changed ". Then we would have been at a loss for what next to do. But it is stated by renewing our minds. We can renew everything in our lives but there will be no transformation



Today i know i am a transformed woman. I remember my pastor telling me she will transform my life. I assured her i was ready. She went ahead to teach me the things i needed for a renewed mind. Today i am a new person.










Let us take care of our minds. Let us use the gift of the mind for what it was created for.

Remember your mind has the unlimited potential to create whatever you desire. When you put your mind power to work, the possibilities are endless. No restrictions on how high you can propel.


Walk with me on this journey ad together lets transform our lives by being humble to accept that we need to renew our minds and even more humble in accepting help rather than letting pride push you away from what you need the most. Just so you know tis has nothing to do with how many degrees you have or your social status. 


Lets exchange ideas and let us take our lives to the next stage of our lives. 





No comments:

Post a Comment